Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got myself Momo Catania flow formed 19" wheels for their Labor Day 50% off sale. I expected them to be lighter than stock as they come 10.4kg (23lbs). What I didn't expect that stock VW Salvador 19" will be so much heavier - 14.7kg (32.4lbs) per wheel. So that is more than 9lbs savings in unsprung mass per wheel!
On top of that IMO Momo's look way-way better.

Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Motor vehicle Tire

Tire Wheel Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,871 Posts
Those Momo's look great! Weight savings is a plus.
Weird how VW put +48 offset on newer gen Tregs. My '11 has +59 offset. I wonder what VW did different.

Reactions: Qwertz

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,871 Posts
On what OEM wheel?
Only one OEM wheel mentioned.
I thought +59 offset was on the Tregs. A few places I looked it said +48 offset. Checking again today some others say +59 offset. Hard to know which is true which is why I put it's weird to see VW put +48 offset on newer Tregs. I figured someone with more knowledge on them would post what the correct offset was for the OEM wheels.
Maybe you can.

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,871 Posts

· Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,052 Posts
Only one OEM wheel mentioned.
I thought +59 offset was on the Tregs. A few places I looked it said +48 offset. Checking again today some others say +59 offset. Hard to know which is true which is why I put it's weird to see VW put +48 offset on newer Tregs. I figured someone with more knowledge on them would post what the correct offset was for the OEM wheels.
Maybe you can.
Since you like to bark that way, here's a hint for you.
You can't just look at a "salvador 19".... many wheel "names\designs" are shared across multiple models.
So you're looking at Passat Salvador wheels, that also come in a 19" diameter... different part, different specs, etc.
The Touareg Salvadors are ET59 not ET48 which is what the Passat ones would be.
Rectangle Font Parallel Brand Paper product

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,871 Posts
Since you like to bark that way, here's a hint for you.
You can't just look at a "salvador 19".... many wheel "names\designs" are shared across multiple models.
So you're looking at Passat Salvador wheels, that also come in a 19" diameter... different part, different specs, etc.
The Touareg Salvadors are ET59 not ET48 which is what the Passat ones would be.
View attachment 253276
See... someone with more knowledge CAN clear things up. Explains why I saw conflicting info.
Thanks. WOOF!

· Registered
5,540 Posts
Got myself Momo Catania flow formed 19" wheels for their Labor Day 50% off sale. I expected them to be lighter than stock as they come 10.4kg (23lbs). What I didn't expect that stock VW Salvador 19" will be so much heavier - 14.7kg (32.4lbs) per wheel. So that is more than 9lbs savings in unsprung mass per wheel!
On top of that IMO Momo's look way-way better.

View attachment 253206

View attachment 253207

View attachment 253208
Great looking wheels. I considered 1 or two Momo also. Think my forged rohanna were in the vicinity of 9-11lb each also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts