Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, my horn sounds like a dead seal. Has anyone replaced their horn? Can you post some hints or directions please.

Thanks

Here are the parts that I came across that lead me to believe there is a high and low pitch (2 horns) installed. And I was told the Cayenne horns work with the Touareg too for a cheaper price.

04 2004 Volkswagen Touareg Horn OES Genuine Volkswagen Horn

·
Registered
5 Posts
We had the horn replaced 4 times in our '06 Touareg and now we've had the '09 T2 for about 2months and the horn has already broken just like the other one. Always seems to be the low-tone that quits working. Fairly ridiculous!!

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
Lately, my horn sounds like a dead seal. Has anyone replaced their horn? Can you post some hints or directions please.

Thanks
Here....http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f73/horn-replacement-38989.html

... And I was told the Cayenne horns work with the Touareg too for a cheaper price.
Would you know if the Cayenne one sounds any different than ours?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
volkswagendude, I have a 2006 Touareg and a 2008 Cayenne, when I get home tonight I can do a side-by-side comparison... If you want

·
Registered
123 Posts
volkswagendude, I have a 2006 Touareg and a 2008 Cayenne, when I get home tonight I can do a side-by-side comparison... If you want
Umm, I'd rather see your financial plan, or talk to your portfolio manager, or something! Congrats in having a touareg and a cayenne, very jealous!

As far as changing the horn, I think I've submitted and will have the dealer do it. removing part of the grill sounds scary to me, and I don't have the torq wrench.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Ok folks I'll have that horn comparison up tonight, I'll though my initial impression is that they will sound incredibly similar.... Of course we will just have to wait and see!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got tired of replacing the OEM horns and went with the Hella horns. Had the dealer do the work and am very satisfied with the result. They are loud and have an unusual tone. They get the approprate amount of attention and they DON'T require constant replacement.

·
Registered
70 Posts
horns

Hella horn died. Don't know what to try next. Could water be the problem? I have NEVER had a Hella horn go out. Any ideas will be greatfully accepted. This issue is getting very old.

·
Banned
7,167 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have an '09 and the horn went out at about 15k miles. I probably can count on both hands the amount of times it was used in that span.

Maybe it was just the day drunk Steve was on the assembly line.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just install it yourself. It's easy

·
Registered
26 Posts
It would have been rather slick if VW made the front end of the Touareg (above the bumper in the grille area) able to swing open as a secondary hood. Would have made access to the horn and other things easier for mechanics of course. I'm also in need to get the horn fixed, so these threads are a definite help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine has had a pathetic horn sound since I bought it just over a month ago. Going to replace whichever one just to make it work. Does anyone know if a universal/aftermarket works fine? Just curious about the connector/wires.

·
Registered
609 Posts
When I replaced mine I used an old Porsche horn and had to hard wire it, I also enclosed it so no water was able to get inside and put the horn towards the radiator. It's been a year or so since and still working.

I've been thinking if a air horn was possible to be linked to the factory air suspension system because a vehicle this big really does need a horn like that. Also amazon has a lot of air horns that don't work in compressor tanks either.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts