Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there removed the front chrome trim piece that surrounds the front grill? I want to paint my chrome trim on the grill to match my vehicle color. I believe only 08 and 09 had the chrome trim.

I can't find any you tubes on the subject, I jut want to know how to remove the grill and trim so I can take it to the painters. Same question for the rear VW badge. I want to paint that the same color as the Treg as well. (I don't want to plasti dip it -- only paint and clear coat.)

Any help would be most appreciated. And BTW, I don't want the painters to do the removal -- because they don't know any more about it than I do.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Hi, about the rear emblem i know that you can use hair dryer to warm the and soften the double sided sticky tape thet holds the emblem and then use a 0,2 or 0,3mm fishing line to "cut it off" :) hope this helps,
Kind regards,
Nikoloz

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
You should dismantle the entire front bumper assembly first, otherwise you'll break the chrome trim plastic fasteners (retaining clips).

·
Registered
78 Posts
yeah, its a whole job to remove that front trim. I painted mine with plastidip and just taped everything off to do it. Removing that trim was going to be a hassle.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Some owners wrapped the chrome trim with a printed carbon fiber pattern film. The texture looks really cool especially on the grey background. (Spotted on a dark grey Touran).

·
Registered
121 Posts
The chrome "waterfall" front bumper is NOT an easy thing to remove and it 100% requires you to remove the entire front bumper cover. I've had my front bumper on and off about what seems like 50 times in the past week fitting 4 Hella 500 driving lights.....it's not a hard thing to do. There are 6 bolts up top, 4 in each fender (3 for the liner and one from the bumper to the fender), 2 in front in the lower grill, and 6 underneath, oh and also the connector for the fog lights/parking sensors on the right hand side of the vehicle. (While working on the lights I've only been doing the top middle 4, 2 from fender to bumper, and 2 to the skip plate.)

Next time I have the bumper off in a day or two I can snap some photos of the clips that hold on the front chrome. It looks like it's going to be a nightmare to remove.....just saying.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Some owners wrapped the chrome trim with a printed carbon fiber pattern film. The texture looks really cool especially on the grey background. (Spotted on a dark grey Touran).
Do you have any pics of this? I assume the carbon fibre would be somewhat more durable to plastidip?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts