Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a near-new R-Line, the previous owner debadged the rear which I am happy with, for a few reasons I'd prefer that my car just appeared as a bog standard Touareg.

As the thread title suggests I'm wondering if there's a way to (non-destructively) remove the R-Line badge from the front grille.

With that gone only the most keen of car spotters who know about the different body kits will know that it's a top of the line model.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,174 Posts
Given how VW 'attach' other marque identifiers (GTI/R/R32), I'm thinking you may have to replace the grill itself.

Not sure you could remove the existing badge-work without damaging the existing grill.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm willing to bet its a snap in piece. go online ebay or whatever and see if you can find a replacement R Line badge and see if you can see the rear of it to determine how it attaches

·
Registered
219 Posts
May require you to remove the grill in order to remove the badge

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm willing to bet its a snap in piece. go online ebay or whatever and see if you can find a replacement R Line badge and see if you can see the rear of it to determine how it attaches
When you jiggle it, it has a little play so I think it would be snap-in. Good tip on eBay to eyeball the clips etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts