Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought an LED kit for my 2013 TReg, have fitted most no problem and look great. I am trying to remove the passenger headliner lights and not sure how much pressure before I break something. I can pry the 2 clips on either side but is still hanging tight somehow on both ends.

Has anyone had any experience with doing this?

Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
I thought I had a print out with pictures somewhere but cannot find it right now.

This will hopefully help you: (Extract from Interior and exterior LEDs in T3 - myTreg forums)

Notes: The reading Lights above the doors can be gently prized out of the headlining with a small taper tool or screwdriver. The lampholder is at the top and is removed with a quarter turn, after replacing the LED refit the lamp if it does not light remove the holder and rotate 180° and refit. *

If I can find it I'll scan it and attach it to the thread. From memory prise gently from the RHS of the light fitting as you look them each side when sitting on the seats. The whole assembly pops out.

Hope that helps,

Andrew

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that's it, thanks mate. It was those 2 u shape lugs that were hanging on with a small trim clip on the end. It's easy once you've done one but when you don't know what's behind it I wasn't sure how much pressure to put on it.

Thanks again.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts