Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and it still isn't clear if I can get a remote starter installed in my 14 R-line Touareg. The car has 13K miles on it so we still have remaining factory warranty and a 100K extended warranty that can't be effected by any installation of something like this. That said we really would like this installed, price isn't really too big of an issue and we would prefer to have something that the dealer can install. If a 3rd party system is the only option it would have to be something that if certain not to cause any problems down the road. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
444 Posts
From what my brother said who sells audi, no German car came with a remote start for safety reasons.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
where are u located? I just had remote start and the viper smart start installed on my 11 treg. works perfectly. don't know about your warranty issues though

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
If you are doing this so you can start the car on a cold morning to leave it running to warm up, then, if your car is a diesel, that's about the worst thing you can do as diesels don't warm at all quickly like a gasser might and this type of cold start is the time of the highest engine wear.

You'd be better off starting it and driving off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a vr6 in mine. I only need it for winter mornings. its set for a10 minute run time. Im in it before the 10 minute runs out and it's been running long enough to where as soon as I drive off the heat starts to come up

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cants you get the webasto added, which is an option for the UK , I specified that on new and is cool to get in a warm car, as opposed to starting the actual car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts