Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
remote range fix is on back order...

It seems to me that you all got to the fix before I did... that or VW just hasn't made them yet...

I was told two weeks before the parts come in to fix the range on the remote, on the bright side I have my Touareg back and power steering is finally fixed after about two weeks. .

· Registered
23 Posts
I took my car in as well to North Scottsdale VW, the parts are on order for the remote fix. I was also told they hadn't done a repair on this item yet. They checked my remote range and said it was 25 to 30 feet.

· Registered
2016 Touareg V6/Lux — 2006 Touareg V6 — 2013 Audi allroad
3,305 Posts
AZ: Glad to see you finally got your TOUAREG back.... I hope you don't have any other problems.

As for the part on backorder - I just got my TOUAREG back yesterday from having the Remote Range fixed... and so far I'm thrilled.

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Samson... welcome to the boards first...

North scottsdale had my Touareg for 2 1/2 weeks and didn't even try to order the remote rang fix. They didn't even know about it and I had to tell them... don't you think they should know these things before I do???

Anyway, I am not too thrilled with their service, it took them 2 day sto fix my TPMS when it is a 2 hour job, they already had the part mind you... Anyway they have ordered my remote rang kit and it should be in, in a few weeks i imagine. Just call them up and tell them to order one for you.

They were nice about all the issues with my Touareg... I had a passat loner the whole time... but i paid extra for a loaner when I bought the car so that was expected. It just seemed to me that when I gave them my Touareg with no power steering and while they were waiting for the part from germany they could have fixed everything else at that time (TPMS) instead they waited until the part came in for the power steering to do anything to the car so they fixed the steering and had to keep the car two more days cuzz they couldn't fix the TPMS which should have been fixed while they were waiting for th part... and they also should have orded the remote rang fix too but they didn't do that until the day I got my Touareg back... interesting huh

Trent

· Registered
85 Posts
Don't feel like your the only one waiting to get the parts. The Nashville dealer hadn't even seen the bulletin until I brought it in. So having the parts in stock was way out of the question. But, the parts guys there are great and will have the parts in and ready to be installed in a week or so....hopefully. Love the dealership, just hate the parts delay from VW.

· Registered
23 Posts
AZ.
Thanks, I am not to excited to hear about the service you have received from North Scottsdale. I must admit that I haven't really experienced any problems (yet) and feel as though I am about to get hit with a tidal wave after reading the post here. I really like the car so far and its a real looker , I guess I will keep my fingers crossed.

· Registered
14 Posts
I had my Treg at the dealer a few days before the latest service bulletin was released. They apparently rerouted the antenna, but it doesn't seem to be any better than before. 2 days later when I saw that VW had released a new bulletin, I called my dealer to see if they would reroute per the new bulletin. Service guy told me that they actually did perform the new bulletin and that VW released the bulletins to the dealerships before it is released on the Web. So my question is... if they actually did perform the new service bulletin fix, then why isn't my range any better. Did they do it incorrectly, does the new service bulletin not really work, or is something else going on? What kind of range are other's getting with the new fix??? Thanks.

· Registered
715 Posts
There was initial confusion as to which fuse or wire they had to tap into. They are REALLY close together and it has been reported that many dealerships mistakenly tapped the wrong [fuse/wire]. Since the hard part - the rerouting - is done, you may want to take it back and ensure they tapped into the proper [fuse/wire].

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.