Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Nairobi, it's full off smelly smoke plumes from badly maintained vehicles

Every time I get in my2008 T2, it resets the recirculation setting so car gets filled with fumes, is there a way to fix?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I don't think so. You just gave to press the button every time you start the car.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Recirculation setting is where you want to have your AC as it keeps the unpleasant fumes outside the vehicle where they belong, maybe you might want to change your cabin filter more often:wink2:

TonyB

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, the pollution is horrendous here, sometimes you have to stop to wait for black smoke to dispurse as you cannot see the road or anything else

Shame it can't be left on, the Landcruiser has this feature.... But these are built with Africa in mind!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry this is off topic... I have nothing to add to your question about aircon recirculation but think it would be interesting if you could maybe start another thread and post about Nairobi. There seem to be a lot of Australians on this forum and I have found it very fascinating seeing where they take their Touaregs or what modifications they do to them.
Are there others that you know with Touaregs there? Do you do any off-roading? How are your roads there? You near a big city or off in the country? (desert?)
I know nothing about that area. I do enjoy traveling and have traveled to a lot of parts of the world. I always like to learn more.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry this is off topic... I have nothing to add to your question about aircon recirculation but think it would be interesting if you could maybe start another thread and post about Nairobi. There seem to be a lot of Australians on this forum and I have found it very fascinating seeing where they take their Touaregs or what modifications they do to them.
Are there others that you know with Touaregs there? Do you do any off-roading? How are your roads there? You near a big city or off in the country? (desert?)
I know nothing about that area. I do enjoy traveling and have traveled to a lot of parts of the world. I always like to learn more.
I've got a 2006 Landcruiser 100 series for the serious off roading, its got much more control on the diff's, rear only, height control etc.

although the Treg can hold its own, i just want to keep the luxury squeak and rattle free :)
You need a 4x4 here to be an all rounder!

Most people drive 4x4's here, and treg's are pretty common, but dont do well in africa due to crap fuel and lack of good mech's, and are often abused
I live in the country side, but not too far from city.

The offroading here is awesome though!
But its landcruiser country, they just keep going, Although slowly :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
So perhaps the sensor that detects the stink has issues, and is not turning on?
Perhaps!
My 2003 allroad had it... I assumed because my treg also has the auto recirculate button it also has an air quality sensor.

It should be located near the cabin air inlet somewhere.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Always-on recirculation is pretty bad. Good thing the Touareg has auto recirculation.
If you turn it on and forget about it, you will fall asleep in some 15-20 minutes (quicker if you have more people in the car). Happened to me in my first days of having a driver's license..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts