• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Toureg Club!
As we all enjoy our beautiful cars, not all of us have it past 100k miles mark.
I was the lucky one to take a risk and buy the highest milage Touareg I could find back in 2016 that was for sale in a 250-mile radius from New York City where I live.
And I found this example, that wasn't my first choice mostly because it had 98k miles. But the price was right, so I bought it! And today this car has almost 132k miles, and I still own it and don't have a question if I would sell it.
So I decided to make a video about the time I owned it and how much it costed me in maintanace. Which, I think could be useful to owners who have less then 100k miles on a clock, or those who think if they should buy one.
So without further a due, here is the link to the video on my YouTube channel:

Enjoy, and do comment any ideas or suggestions that might have!
Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

·
Registered
44 Posts
We bought our 2014 TDI in February of 2017 with 110k miles on it. It had perfect dealer maintenance records from new and looked brand new. Three years later we are up to 165k miles. The only thing we've done for it is a set of rear brakes and tires (3 sets so far, 1 winter, two sets of all season). Okay, also an issue with the infotainment system which I fixed by replacing the unit with a used unit out of a wrecked car. It is really a great car. Our emissions extended warranty is almost up and I'm tempted to go for a newer 2015 or 2016 TDI with lots of warranty left, but our Treg has been so good so far that I'm tempted to just keep driving it and see how far we can take it before the repairs start to pile up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We bought our 2014 TDI in February of 2017 with 110k miles on it. It had perfect dealer maintenance records from new and looked brand new. Three years later we are up to 165k miles. The only thing we've done for it is a set of rear brakes and tires (3 sets so far, 1 winter, two sets of all season). Okay, also an issue with the infotainment system which I fixed by replacing the unit with a used unit out of a wrecked car. It is really a great car. Our emissions extended warranty is almost up and I'm tempted to go for a newer 2015 or 2016 TDI with lots of warranty left, but our Treg has been so good so far that I'm tempted to just keep driving it and see how far we can take it before the repairs start to pile up.
That is true, those cars are amazing, I will probably keep it and chip it after the warranty runs out. and if the car will start to fail, will get another once)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts