Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys just got a used non op 2005 3.2 Touareg ( guy said was fuel pump problem). But when I opened up the relay box I saw a jumper wire from one of the 404 fuel pump relay ( front one) by mistake I pulled on it to see if it was hooked to something and it came off see pics attached . And they also cut off one of the pins of the relay.

Question is anyone know why they would have done this? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
This is a known fix to force the system to use secondary pump when the primary one dies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
TR .... Nice !!! 👏 (y) 👉

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
IMPORTANT:

Make sure the fuel tank is empty or very low before you try to replace the pumps. This will make it easier and you won’t be spilling fuel all over the Treg.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
And one last thing I read here but can not remenber who wrote it: most problems after pump replacement come from people breaking those 15/18 years old brittle fuel lines inside the fuel tank without noticing it. So if you do it yourself or by mechanic make sure those lines are treated with the care otherwise you will be going back there several times and paying more.

And don’t go buying aftermarket pumps from ebay or china. Get the genuine stuff from a reliable source. Part manufacture is Siemens VDO. If you need help with part number just ask.

DIY Tutorial from over here:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Check my new thread here:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome awesome! thanks for the help I will be looking over everything I have been able to open up most of it so far by the same videos and tutorials here I’ve seen and when I saw my mechanic do the fuel pumps on my 208 treg (ended up being a hpfp but I’m sure at 212k changing the whole back fuel pumps and flange that leaks fuel was not a bad idea, and now it’s better than When I first got it)

I just need a impact wrench to take out some of the seat belt triple square bit ( seems like 2 of themwere replaced from 10mm to 12mm and prob tightened with a air impact wrench

1 - 12 of 12 Posts