Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Touareg CR 3.0 TDI
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The battery is under a removable panel on the driver's floor. Use your fingers to lift up the inboard edge of the panel by pulling up until the 2 clips disengage, then remove the panel.

I'll find the instructions for removal of the trim panels at the rear, and try to post here soon.
Trunk Electrical wiring Automotive exterior Gas Technology

·
Registered
669 Posts
Isn't the G508 plug under the steering column used to connect the brake controller. By your diagram it has the blue wire out of pin 4. What's the connector in the battery box?
Hi Birry
Sorry for the delay but in ISO right now
My Launch had the G508 under the steering column after looking in the battery box with no avail
Hopefully you are the same so don't have to run a separate wire....
The trailer prep PR code may be the give away.?

·
Registered
MY16 R-Line V8 Black (7P) + MY21 R-Line V8 Black (CR)
102 Posts
Has anyone located the THRL (2 wire) Connector for the Brake Controller Output (Blue). I believe it should be somewhere between the 508 Connector and the 13pin Trailer Connector wiring harness.

VW did not provided the EBC Blue Output wire in the OZ harness, so I have run my own through to the 7 pin Trailer Connector.

However, I think a better solution would be to patch it in at the THRL Connector. I imagine it will be behind the Left Side Rear Trim Panel close to the Trailer Detector Module. That is unless OZ VW have repurposed that wire and Trailer Connector Pin5 for Earth Detection. I'd appreciate confirmation as I don't wish to just go rippling out trim on an exploration and risk breaking trim clips.

·
Registered
2019 Touareg CR 3.0 TDI
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hi brickwalls, check my picture in post 15. The blue wire is there in the harness. In my case, I replaced the 2 pin connector (black) with the white one almost centre in the picture. That blue wire goes to the trailer socket. The white wire it connects to in my picture runs forward to the brake controller up front.

·
Registered
MY16 R-Line V8 Black (7P) + MY21 R-Line V8 Black (CR)
102 Posts
Hi brickwalls, check my picture in post 15. The blue wire is there in the harness. In my case, I replaced the 2 pin connector (black) with the white one almost centre in the picture. That blue wire goes to the trailer socket. The white wire it connects to in my picture runs forward to the brake controller up front.
Thanks for the confirmation Malaudi.
I saw that photo and noted it wasn't a VW connector so wasn't sure of the setup.

I didn't want to tear up the trim again if the Blue wire in the 7pin connector only went as far as the 13pin EU connector. If I can pick up a feed up at Trailer module it will be more factory than tapping it in at either of the 13 or 7 pin connectors which I had to do in my 7P.
Cheers.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts