Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi recently purchased a Toureg R-Line 2014 and I’ve noticed there’s some pretty moody tyres on it.

I’ve always gone for budget tyres in the past but I don’t want to do this anymore with my new baby.

The measurements are 275 45 R20, can anyone recommend tyres they use and are happy with please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
996 Posts
Hankook Ventus ST RH06. Price was excellent and so far they have been great. I can't comment on winter performance as I have dedicated winter tires.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I don't do 20's anymore. Had them on a Mazda CX-9 AWD. Not much choice then and a bit much IMO.

Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus (used many times) Great for an all-season and even in deeper snow

**Cooper Discovery HT (I 'd go with these myself) Least expensive too at around $106 USD each

If you can get these:
Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 (never used them but hear they are good)

Michelin LTX are fantastic too, had them on my touareg and cannot say one bad thing about them:

I am sure you have access to others, might look into Nokian as well.

Ventus Mentioned above:

Visually they are pretty ugly IMO. I am not into this tread design. I think it is outdated at this point.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Goodyear LS2 stock-that everyone hates, were ok for me but didn't last but 25,000 miles or so and are the highest priced 20" tire on the market for some odd reason. I would not pay what they want for them but would if they were sub $200 per tire.

I had a set of Conti DWS-not the 06, and while they worked very well, they also did not last past about 25,000, I had expected more but it was just not to be.

Wife and I both have the Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S Plus and so far they have been excellent. They are wearing well though we probably both have about 15,000 miles on them. I'd buy them again as they have been fantastic for the price.

I also do love the Michelin Latitude's but they are more $$$ but great tires.

The new Michelin Premier LTX also look really good and I'd consider them for my next tire as I love Michelin's and have always had good luck with them.

Lastly, being here in New England, and the winters we have, all the above tires worked very well in any sort of snow and roads/highways that had every type of snow on the roadway.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I wish people would state the tread depth at which they consider their tires are no longer serviceable alongside the mileage.

This would give readers a much clearer indication of tread life.

The tread on new road biased tires is usually 8 mm with up to 10 mm for ATs.

Personally I bin tires at 50% worn because their performance drops off a cliff after this especially in the wet, mud, snow and ice so my Michelin Latitude Cross were a good buy for my T1 as they did over 30,000 miles to get down to 4 mm.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I dump mine around 50-60% or if tires are more than 3-4 years old off manuf. Dates. I always purchase the newest tires I can, within a year. Always check tires for manf. Date as well.If I can squeeze more mileage I will if the tires are at 60% in the summer.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Very good advice. Something that is often overlooked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts