Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to code how hard or soft the steering is?
I drove a cayenne turbo the other day and the steering was much harder and sportier, would be great to have that in my treg! I know there is a valve in nissan 350z's that adjusts the fluidflow and can make steering really hard or really soft maybe there is one in the treg...

·
Registered
746 Posts
Don't know the exact answer but I do know the resistance changes with the speed you are driving. Slower - less resistance and highway speed - most resistance. A couple of other factors that would impact on the resistance are the tyre pressures and the tyre size.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Depending does the vehicle have hydraulic assisted steering or electric assisted steering, the adjustment is easy or less easy...

On my precious Audi Q5 was electric assisted steering and depending the trim, there was button with comfort/individual/sport setting controlling the steering,tranny shifting and engine response.

Both systems provide more assisting on low speeds to reduce the steering effort and on higher speed the assisting gradually turns off to allow direct feedback to driver.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a 2006 so im sure it only has hydraulic asisstance.. And yes it changes with speed so that means there must be a way to recode that thing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts