Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I heard a piece on the news this morning about a VW recall for a problem I believe was related to the throttle. Nominated most models but actually stated Touareg included.

Anyone heard anything? Nothing on the VW Australia site.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,608 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Porsche and Toureg recalled for some pedal check. Pedals may come lose? Bloomberg News report that 2011-2016 models are affected.

·
Registered
2013 VW Touareg TDI Sport w/tech
945 Posts
Porsche and Toureg recalled for some pedal check. Pedals may come lose? Bloomberg News report that 2011-2016 models are affected.
A brake pedal clip might be missing/loose. Porsche discovered it.

If left alone the vehicle could become faster. Hee Hee...

·
Registered
848 Posts
I just bought a 2011 Touareg the other day and wonder if the dealer who initially sold it would have any information?
Once a formal recall is announced, they should have details. Nothing on NHTSA or VW website as of now. (At least for my 2016)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yes, you should receive a notice in the mail as long as you are the registered owner with VW. If you bought it new, you are. If you bought it used, you may have to call them and update.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sometimes they don't.. I recently sent the car for servicing and found that they did the following under a Recall Code Label
Bracket VSC 34G5 2246
Snap Nut VSC 34G5 4492
Clip VSC 34G5 4492
Bolt VSC 34G5 4492

When I asked the service staff on why I didn't notification to go in.. they said if its urgent, VW will notify. If its not urgent, it will be rectified during routine servicing.

I wonder if the independents have access to this? Coz I was planning to service my car somewhere else coz I hate the dealer's customer service. Now I'm getting a bit worried.

·
Registered
454 Posts
That is common across all makers. There are announced recalls, usually when there is a safety concern, and then silent recalls. You should be able to lookup all the recalls that apply to your vehicle and notify whomever your service guy is, but VW may or may not pay for a recall not handled at a dealer.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I took the liberty to email VWOA customer care regarding this recall. They requested my VIN# this was the representative's reply below:

Hi David!

Based on the VIN you provided me for your Touareg, I'm pleased to confirm that your vehicle is not currently affected by any recalls or campaigns.

Feel free to respond to my e-mail with any additional questions or concerns you may have. I will be more than happy to look into them for you; additionally you can speak with a Customer Care Advocate over the phone you at 800-822-8987 Monday through Friday, 8am-10pm EST, Saturday 9am-5pm EST.

Melody H.
Customer CARE Advocate

soooo.. fellow members please help is there a legit site where I can look up this recall based on my vin#? I have a 2014.

Thank you

·
Registered
499 Posts
I took the liberty to email VWOA customer care regarding this recall. They requested my VIN# this was the representative's reply below:

Hi David!

Based on the VIN you provided me for your Touareg, I'm pleased to confirm that your vehicle is not currently affected by any recalls or campaigns.

Feel free to respond to my e-mail with any additional questions or concerns you may have. I will be more than happy to look into them for you; additionally you can speak with a Customer Care Advocate over the phone you at 800-822-8987 Monday through Friday, 8am-10pm EST, Saturday 9am-5pm EST.

Melody H.
Customer CARE Advocate

soooo.. fellow members please help is there a legit site where I can look up this recall based on my vin#? I have a 2014.

Thank you
VW Recalls | Service Campaigns | Volkswagen

Mine doesn't show any open recalls yet either. It does show a service campaign for emissions though...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was at the dealer this morning booking my soon to be acquired 2013 180TDI 4xMotion in to get a tow bar and they mentioned that there is a campaign on it, but they had no details as it had just come on to their system. It was a "46" campaign that meant something to do with the brakes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts