Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, stupid question time -rear wiper blade removal, is this as simple to do as the front blades. Looked on here but cant find any threads, winters coming and the rear wiper is not clearing screen as it should?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
They are ten quid - go to your dealer and the nice parts man should offer to fit it for you free.

Strengthen the concentrate in your screen wash too well before the first frosts or you'll be back at the dealer asking them to fix the leak in the rear roof caused by a burst pipe.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
I think what they are saying is that if the VW parts guy can do it...it's not that hard. I just put a new rear wiper on last week. Its hard to explain but here I go:

Play with the new one first. Remove the plastic cap (carefully) and look at how it attaches. There is a plastic part that slides. Once you have a good understanding of how the new works you can figure out how to take off the old one. There's not that much good info on the net as to how it goes on. Once I figured out how it attaches I had it installed in about about 30 secs. Good Luck.

p.s. I installed a blade for an '09. Are the '07 and '09 blades the same?

·
Super Moderator
3,817 Posts
T1 & T2 are the same and very simple to change as explained in the previous post. Just check how the end caps attach then its a breeze.

Stuart

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Rear Wiper blade Pics

Here are some pics of the connector for the rear wiper. One pic shows the connector open (remove and install) the other shows it closed (not coming off) Remember you have to remove the plastic cap first. The plastic piece that is ribbed slides back and forth. Good Luck. Part # 7L6 955 425

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,817 Posts
The rubber profile is a standard narrow blade. Don't waste money on a new blade, simply swap in a new rubber. Buy a generic and simply cut to length. I have done it twice now and have had excellent results.

Stuart.

·
Super Moderator
3,817 Posts
Pop off the plastic end cap. Slide out the old. Slide in the new. Push end cap back on.

Too simple. You don't even need to remove the blade from the arm.

Stuart ...

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Well there you have it Tony, take your pick from "Can't be arsed" to DIY!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
ic end cap. Slide out the old. Slide in the new. Push end cap back on.

Stuart ...
Pop off the plastic end cap. Slide out the old. Slide in the new. Push end cap back on.

Stuart ...
No such end cap on a 2012, How to remove in that case?

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,273 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts