Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2012 Touareg, the rear washer is misbehaving. The twin nozzles, which mount on the wiper shaft, do not spray a proper distance from the shaft. When operated, plenty of fluid comes out, but does not reach up far enough to where the blade is doing its work.

I first tested the amount of fluid reaching the wiper shaft by taking off the nozzle assembly and activating the washer. It produces a nice stream that travels 4 to 5 feet to the rear, away from the car.

I then cleaned the nozzle unit with some thin, stiff wire, and air pressure. This did not improve the spray.

Next I ordered a replacement for the nozzle assembly from VW. This also had no effect on the spray pattern.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not yet - I'm going to take a video of the nozzle spraying, and see if I can figure anything out. The only thing I can think of is that since a new nozzle doesn't help, the fluid pressure may not be sufficient. One thing I'm going to look for is fluid leaking onto the garage floor somewhere along the line, a possible crack in the hose? Another thing I might experiment with is hooking the nozzle up to some other fluid pump source, to see if additional pressure will help. That might indicate a new washer pump is needed. I'll keep this thread posted with results, but it may take a while to do this research.

·
Registered
333 Posts
What I do is to push the stalk forward one click, then wait for the wiper to finish its first wiping, then push again for fluid while the wiper is at its rest position.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Not yet - I'm going to take a video of the nozzle spraying, and see if I can figure anything out. The only thing I can think of is that since a new nozzle doesn't help, the fluid pressure may not be sufficient. One thing I'm going to look for is fluid leaking onto the garage floor somewhere along the line, a possible crack in the hose? Another thing I might experiment with is hooking the nozzle up to some other fluid pump source, to see if additional pressure will help. That might indicate a new washer pump is needed. I'll keep this thread posted with results, but it may take a while to do this research.
That pump should be good forever, unless it was allowed to run dry at some point. The dripping is a common issue for t3...

·
Registered
51 Posts
On my 2012 Touareg, the rear washer is misbehaving. The twin nozzles, which mount on the wiper shaft, do not spray a proper distance from the shaft. When operated, plenty of fluid comes out, but does not reach up far enough to where the blade is doing its work. I first tested the amount of fluid reaching the wiper shaft by taking off the nozzle assembly and activating the washer. It produces a nice stream that travels 4 to 5 feet to the rear, away from the car. I then cleaned the nozzle unit with some thin, stiff wire, and air pressure. This did not improve the spray. Next I ordered a replacement for the nozzle assembly from VW. This also had no effect on the spray pattern. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
The twin nozzles are adjustable. Use a sturdy pin/needle to adjust the pattern.
It's best if you have another person to activate the wiper as you adjust the nozzles. Good luck !

·
Registered
69 Posts
There are posts elsewhere referring to a known issue with washer fluid pumps in these cars. I have the same problem.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Ive seen hammers work wonders also................

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
O !! ...... I am so very sorry. A Sense of humour was supposed to be part of my response.

I thought hammers fixed everything when frustration and disbelief got the better of one.

SMASH IT !!...... SMASH IT GOOD....... Aaaa thats better...............😌😌

·
Registered
69 Posts
O !! ...... I am so very sorry. A Sense of humour was supposed to be part of my response.

I thought hammers fixed everything when frustration and disbelief got the better of one.

SMASH IT !!...... SMASH IT GOOD....... Aaaa thats better...............😌😌
ahh, I figured that's where you were going, but wasnt' sure. Sarcasm can be a tough "get it". ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts