Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm absolutely & hopelessly in love with my 2006 V6 Black touareg. Everything abt the car fascinates me. Except the rear view mirror. It has a huge blind spot, I've been extremly lucky on quite a few occasions not to have side ended other vehicles, especially while shifting lanes. Any suggestions pls??

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Aspherical side mirrors... THEY ARE AWESOME. Talk to Spockcat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quick Question: My wife was adjusting the rear view mirror manually and apparently it is dangling by the wires off the windshield. :<.
Anyone know how to put it back up?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks JKUCSMA!

I thought I needed a special part from Volkswagon because of the rain sensors..... but nope....
Actually I had to take the whole rear view mirror apart and then glue the little black piece to the windshield (hold for 3 minutes) and then put the remaining rear view mirror back together.
There is a special piece that attaches to the windshield that is for the Rain Sensor (Rubber)... If this is not contacting the windshield your wipers will not work with the Rain sensor.....
Volkswagon does not do this.. so I had to be creative and play around with this for a bit to make sure that the rain sensors work.... (opened the sunroof, stuck my head out and poured a bottle of water above the rain sensor on the windshield! :>)

·
Banned
376 Posts
When you sell that one and buy a new Touareg they now have side scan sensors just like the front and back radar sensors.........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tyre Wear

I have a lot of uneven tyre wear, the first set of tyres lasted me 35,000 kms. Is that normal?? The dealer says it is!?!?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
35,000 kilometers=just short of 22,000 miles. Depending on which tires you have, and what size, this may be very normal. I've heard of people with 19" Pirellis and Continentals replacing them at 15,000 miles (or less in some cases).

If you have uneven tire wear the most likely culprit is that your Touareg is out of alignment. I'd get an alignment done and make sure it's within spec before you burn up another set of tires.

Good luck,
Matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx a lot Matt, Alignments in order, been doin it regularly. Its 18" Bridgestone tyres. I've now covered abt 22,000 kms with the new ones, the same problem exists with the front ones, outer side wear!

Anyways, thanx again Buddy!

Cheers

Dr Shetty

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Rearview Mirror Camera has a 1/4 inch digital CMOS Color Camera built in, and a slot that accepts SD Memory cards up to 16GB (8GB SD card included). This rear view mirror also doubles as a video/audio recorder and a DVR (digital video recorder). This rear view mirror's built-in color camera can rotate 330 degrees to view anywhere you want. Face it forward or turn it to view inside your car. You can continuously record what happens in front of the car or inside the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
dustyn54
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing