Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there has been take about moving the rear suitcase muffler and if it makes any difference.
We i spent $120 bucks and got my local muffler man to remove it and re pipe. Now it is straight though each side after the cats sounds great on the road so im told ,not loud at all just a nice sound in the car.
I did not notice anymore power, could be me but maybe a little turbo lag but not that bad it's just seems to me to change gear a bit like a manual with that stop start in revs that I did not notice before.
3" from the diff and standard tale pipes.
Sorry car is very dirty...

Attachments

Registered
Rear suitcase is freeflow anyway. You won't notice any performance gains other than the weight saving.

Registered
Thanks for the info, I've wondered about that.

Registered
Mudgee - you have done a gearbox reset, haven't you?

Turn the ignition on but do NOT start the car.

Press the accelerator pedal firmly to the floor and hold it there for a full 10 seconds.

Release the pedal and remove the ignition key.

The car will relearn how you want to thrash . . . sorry . . . carefully drive it.

Registered
Mufflers in newer cars are carried over from the days without anything upstream.

With DEF, CAT x2. There is NO increase of power and no extra turbo lag (diesels do not need back pressure).

Learner
Do you have an audio clip/youtube?

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Audio chip ? What's that do ? I have had trouble with my sat nav but need to buy a converter of some sort (talked to Drag about it ) sorted I think .

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
I believe he meant a video of your exhaust. I'm actually going to post one up for you when I return from my work trip. Sounds good without that big muffler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dredey that would be great. Yes it's got a much better note.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts