Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bushes on the lower mount of my front and rear struts are split, i have a 2004 with air suspension. I have found the front bushes with not to much trubble but i cant find the rear ones, the steeler wants $2016.00 each as they come with the shock. Has any one found a replacment? The front bush part no is 7L0412333A.

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
133 Posts
Are you talking about the bushing that is actually part of the rear strut assembly that the bottom mounting bolt passes through?

If yes, it doesn't seem to have a individual part number, just part of the strut.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you talking about the bushing that is actually part of the rear strut assembly that the bottom mounting bolt passes through?

If yes, it doesn't seem to have a individual part number, just part of the strut.
Yes that is correct, but i was hoping maybe a aftermarket bush or something better than over $4000.00 for 2 struts.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
What is the bush made of?

Might is be possible to get someone to turn a new bush for you?

·
Registered
670 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
631 Posts
What I would most likely do, it may not be what you'd do; is chop out all the remaining rubber in the bush and pour shore 70A polyurethane in.

Or, find a pre existing bush that fits.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What I would most likely do, it may not be what you'd do; is chop out all the remaining rubber in the bush and pour shore 70A polyurethane in.

Or, find a pre existing bush that fits.
Yeah I was thinking of trying to get a pre existing bush as the shocks are still quite expensive over here, thanks for your input I will do the front end first as I can get all the bushes then I’ll sort out the rear.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Yeah I was thinking of trying to get a pre existing bush as the shocks are still quite expensive over here, thanks for your input I will do the front end first as I can get all the bushes then I’ll sort out the rear.
Put some thought into using polyurethane, I've made a lot of bushes and mounts for cars, not for the Touareg though.
I got it to make engine mounts for my son's Lancer. I also made a carrier bearing for his E36 BMW.

I'm talking about the 2 part liquid PU that sets, not the paste in a tube.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok i have found a bush that fits, it is a Nolathane bush part number 43131 length and inside diameter are perfect the out side diameter is slightly smaller you still have to knock it in but i used Locktight bearing mount to make sure they don't move.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts