Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'Ve read a few posts on this subject, quite confusing with all the different options when trying to fit a bar from a cayenne. I'm thinking I want to change only my rear bar which has the green dot on it to one that has a yellow dot, part number 95533370130. Anyone think this is a bad idea? I feel like it's the rear end that rolls more than the front and from what I read, a stiffer rear bar promotes more oversteer, which can be fun and for me I think is easier to recover from when compared to an under steer situation.

If it matters my front bar has a yellow dot and the vehicle is a v8 with steel suspension and no air.

All input is welcome! Thanks

·
Registered
710 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I've read all 23 pages of that thread. From what I remember everyone pretty much swaps out front and rear. I recall only one person swapping out only the rear for a neuspeed one but even he ended up changing the front as well. Just curious on people's thoughts of just changing the rear since that's where I think i feel most of the roll.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or to put it another way...anyone ever put either front or rear on but not both, drive it around, put the other on, drive it around, to see which one has a bigger impact on handling? Just wondering if it's necessary to install both when doing the upgrade. Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a green dot rear bar off of eBay with the sway links still attached. I'm going to just disconnect the old sway bar links at the base of the rear shock mounts. Anyone know the torque of this when I reinstall? I see 100NM but I think that is for link to stabilizer, is it the same for link to shock mount? Also to confirm, is it 60NM for the 4 middle bolts? Do I need a socket to hold the nuts while removing the 4 center bolts? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Can't help on torques.

You might find you need help to slightly lower the suitcase silencer.

My bar broke so it was easy to remove in two halves, but my mechanic mentioned he had to get his mate to help him with the silencer.

Took them about 30 minutes in total.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts