Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out a way to add/replace our rear spoiler to create a better down-draft to break the vortex and stop the backspray roll up on the veh?

I've been on a quest the last couple of weeks looking to add/replace our trunk door spoiler - there's nothing out there I have found

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Never seen this question asked - or answered - before.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know - that's why I'm asking. I can't believe with this many enthusiasts, we haven't found a solution to this really stupid aerodynamic issue. It's a simple fix - just got to get a group buy and have a company make a stick-on down-draft spoiler to break the vortex behind the car.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
You need something like this one available for Toyota LandCruisers:

The vents can be tilted to direct airflow down the window.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Or check out this one with a power rear bumper mirror:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm surprised no one has complained about this and found a solution. That plexi one for the landcruiser is great. That's kind of the idea. I was also thinking a plexiglass formed to hang just off the edge of the one there. Maybe 3 attachment points with the actual foil only being maybe 1.5-2" wide, might not be enough to force air, but enough to break the backflow of air to the back hatch, which as you all know gets REALLY nasty in inclement wx

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I haven't noticed my rear hatch getting too dirty so far. But I do notice my rear window fogs up from warm exhaust on a cool morning. The exhaust will swirl around the rear window so that I can hardly see out the back. Then it leaves the window fogged up on the outside.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I seem to recall Siberian fitting powerful red LED lights on the back of his Touaregs as the snow in Alaska quickly obscured the standard rear lights.

Personally, having a very dirty car has never bothered me as, apart from the windows, mirrors and lights, I don't wash cars from one year to the next!

My dealer used to do it at the annual service or after repair work - they even polished and buffed Tommy Treg a couple of times because I think he used to embarrass them!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts