Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I recently had the moonroof replaced (long story), but the hatch stayed open for 5 hours or so. Now the hatch won't close. Is there some type of reset that can be done to get it closed? It is hard to park in the garage and certainly harder to go anywhere with the hatch open all the time. ugh.

Help!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Hatch on what? And where? What year? More details are required if you expect anyone to be able to help you. Please fill out your profile in your User CP.

The powered hatches on the Touaregs are different depending on the model year. Earlier ones are hydraulic, and newer ones are electric.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. I can't believe I didn't put any of that detail. Sorry about that. It is a 2011 Volkswagen Touareg Lux. They are electric and impossible to push the hatch down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hatch on what? And where? What year? More details are required if you expect anyone to be able to help you. Please fill out your profile in your User CP.

The powered hatches on the Touaregs are different depending on the model year. Earlier ones are hydraulic, and newer ones are electric.

I am referring to the rear hatch (tailgate) of the vehicle. Is there any other hatch on that car?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I am referring to the rear hatch (tailgate) of the vehicle. Is there any other hatch on that car?

Yes, on 03 - 09 Touareg’s, the back window in the hatch also opens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
822 Posts
Does the car start? Reason for asking to to insure the battery is functioning correctly. If it is the original battery ,it's time to replace. My 2012 Lux crapped out with no warning.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took it to the VW dealer....they said I had a bad tailgate power controller that was working intermittently. Well, since they took out the rams (electric hydrolics) and now my lid is manual, the controller started working just fine. Truthfully, I think the dealer didn;t know there was some king of reset procedure that could be done so they just started taking crap apart. ugh

·
Registered
822 Posts
We hear these types of problems often on this web site. It is amazing how many dealers can't service this car,because they just don't see many compared to all the other VWs out there. This is a different animal from a jetta. Do you have another source to work on the car that is recommended by a friend, or like a Porsche dealer who sells tons of Cayennes. I would bet they would know what they are doing with our Touaregs,since they are the same platform .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts