Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, The RH Rear door on my 2008 Touareg won't lock at all when using the remote locking, or when using the key (in either front door).
I can hear the lock mechanism make a noise, but am unsure right now if it is exactly the same as I'd hear on the LHS rear door. Basically when the rest of the car is locked, i can walk up to the RH rear door and open it easily (without the key fob nearby) which sets off the alarm. Note that i have key-less entry.

What should i do next?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi All,
I've had a look on ebay and note that non Kessy replacement door lock units are very cheap. However those with Kessy function are horrendously expensive. If i installed a non kessy type, would central locking still work?
Would the only downside be that i can't walk up to that particular door and open it unless i use central locking - to me that is very minor and well justifies the $200+ saving.
Keen to hear from you.
Thanks,

·
Registered
60 Posts
I honestly don't know. Knowing these vehicles, I feel that it would probably be kind of unhappy to not have the non-Kessy module with all of the Kessy ones. Best case would be as you described, with Kessy only not working on that one door.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts