Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I've read a lot of threads about water leaks into the interior of these Tregs due to blocked various drains. Usually most if not all of these result in a wet interior somewhere.
My situation is a bit different. My interior is absolutely dry. No wet headliner/door pillars/footwells/carpets.
The thing is after a decent rain I open the rear passenger door and water drops to the pavement. None of the other doors exhibit this symptom when they're opened.

It seems like the water is getting trapped at the bottom vertical side of the door sill and the plastic fins on the bottom of the door itself. There is no wetness on or above the rubber seal at the side top side of the door sill, but just underneath that seal.
Anyone else run into this on their T3?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hasn't been hot at all lately.
Condensation would be one explanation if 1- it didn't happen after each rain, 2- it wasn't at least 1/2 cup or so of water being held there.
I totally dried the area last night, and today had the Treg washed. After the wash when I opened that door to get a better look, some water dropped to the ground. It seems like the water is getting in somewhere at the top of the door seal and getting hung up between the bottom of the seal on the door and the seal on the side of the door sill. Just gotta' figure out where it's getting in, and or why it's getting held in there.

·
Registered
614 Posts
It still could be condensation. And your "problem" might be caused by that door sealing a lot better than the others, which could trap all the condensate water behind the seals, until you open it. Whereas the other doors might have worse sealing, and the water could just evaporate more easily.

Half a cup of water is virtually nothing, and the fact that the water gets released when you open the door also makes it obviously that it only stays there because it's - literally- sealed in there, not because it accumulating in either the sill or the in door itself.

If you're still worried, you can check the rubber seals at the bottom of the door and clean the openings they have at their ends, to make sure that whatever water gets into the door itself can flow out freely at the bottom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts