Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear middle seatbelt of my 04 gets stuck each time I put the seats down (last night was the second time). I've looked on the forums but all I found was a recall regarding making the belts shorter for kids.

I can remove the bolt to release the tension on the belt and then replace but I can't figure out what is causing it to get stuck inside the seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had the same problem, bought the socket and took the belt off the first time.
The second time it was 5:30am with a temperature of 11 degrees, could
not fit socket under seat. Out came the RAZOR blade, cut the belt..
Found out the dealer fixing it the first time used a little plastic nob on the
belt from there GM parts bin.

After a little arguement they replace the entire belt assembly, it can
back with two cuts in the leather seats. I'm done with the VW dealer
in Stevens Point WI.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
the problem is the small plastic button on the belt which prevents it spooling back on the winder too far (and locking), this falls off. have a new belt fitted.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dealer would charge me for the fix. I think I'll have the wife sew a big honkin clown button on the belt to keep it from retracting too far.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
dash_treg said:
My dealer would charge me for the fix. I think I'll have the wife sew a big honkin clown button on the belt to keep it from retracting too far.
sounds good to me

·
Registered
453 Posts
my dealer replaced it under warrenty. you should still be able to get a warrenty fix on this even if you are out of the 4yr 50k because it is a safety item.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seatbelt Stuck / Foldown Back Passenger-Side Seat

I'm in Tahoe for a good weekend for skiing (Squaw was icy and awful, Alpine was great). Loading up car to head home and the seat is stuck down due to the belt, exactly like described below via another posting. The small plastic U shaped piece at the top of the seat where the belt plugs in fell off. Now the belt is locked without any slack to allow for the seat to be folded up. Was ready to cut the (*&$*& thing until I calmed down, searched this site to see I was not alone and decided post a good description of the problem. What a bear.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: Seatbelt Stuck / Foldown Back Passenger-Side Seat

Katnip said:
I'm in Tahoe for a good weekend for skiing (Squaw was icy and awful, Alpine was great). Loading up car to head home and the seat is stuck down due to the belt, exactly like described below via another posting. The small plastic U shaped piece at the top of the seat where the belt plugs in fell off. Now the belt is locked without any slack to allow for the seat to be folded up. Was ready to cut the (*&$*& thing until I calmed down, searched this site to see I was not alone and decided post a good description of the problem. What a bear.
Same issue...just had it replaced at the dealer this past week. :(

-Travis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts