Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I bought a used 2005 Touareg V8 Air suspension.
When I bought it, I checked the rear hatch worked.
However, it turned out to be that the hatch didn't work today.
I could hear the sound of some sort of motor was working, and the information screen said it opened.
I couldn't open...
What causes this issue?

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
The 05 does not come with an auto open lift gate. The motor on that is more about just how the latch works to close it tight. You need to lift it to open it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your answer.
I know that it doesn't open by itself, so I tried to lift it after pushing a button both on the hatch and on the driver's side door.
However, it wouldn't open...

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
That motor may be bad in that it is not fully releasing to allow you to open it. I am not sure how to go about getting it open to get it fixed. How hard did you pull on it when you hear it go?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Key thing on a new-to-you 2005 V8 is making sure the timing belt, tensioners, water pump and thermostat have all been replaced with 1,000% certainty within the last 80,000 miles/5 years max. Belt breaks - engine toast.

You know where the manual release for the tailgate is?

Take time to carefully read this thread too - it might save you money if you know what else to expect:

http://www.mytreg.com/index.php?/topic/10163-buying-a-used-touareg-what-to-look-for/

·
Registered
25 Posts
Also worth thinking about is changing either the cam chain tensioners or at the very least the plastic tensioner caps. There's more than one way to bend valves, I learned this the hard way. The caps in my opinion should be changed at the T-belt service interval, as you have to go through all the same steps in order to set the car up to do the tensioners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts