Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear hatch on my T2 will not open. When you press the button, it moves about half an inch and will not budge from that.

The same happens if I use the manual release behind the cap in the centre of the hatch. I have tried kicking/pushing from the inside of the hatch but with no luck.
I'm thinking that the striker bolt cover may have caught the catch.

Any ideas, how do you remove the lining with the hatch closed?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hatch moves about half an inch only and will not move any more.
The same if I use the manual release.
The catch is either not fully releasing, or something is catching on it.
I may have to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
The hatch moves about half an inch only and will not move any more.
The same if I use the manual release.
The catch is either not fully releasing, or something is catching on it.
I may have to take it to the dealer.

Hey where are you located?

Regards
Drag

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Drag

I'm in Perth and have had my TDI V6 for 5 1/2 years.
The only things I have done to it are; second battery, switch-able load resisters for LED trailers, and aftermarket GPS. I will be installing a electric brake controller soon (have not decided on the make yet).
Regards
Bruce

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
1,810 Posts
Bruce....do you want me to scan your vehicle (with VCDS) to see if an error is associated with your problem?

Also...Tekonsha P3 brake controller...brilliant

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Steve, but on need, I'm sure its mechanical not electrical/electronics.

I'll have another go at it next weekend. Had to attend to a list provied this weekend.
Bruce

·
Registered
8 Posts
The hatch wont open if a trailer hitch is plugged in, i have to pull the plug out to open the hatch... It's a safety against the hatch hitting what's being towed i suspect...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im having this EXACT PROBLEM in my 2010 tdi lux and I've only owned the vehicle for 2-3 weeks. I'm a bit frustrated. Did you ever find a solution? I parked my car for a few days in my friends Garage and when I got back the hatch is stuck. I have opened like 3 or 4 times in the last few times but for the most part, it won't budge and I am afraid to push it.

I have tried every button to open it; fob, driver side door, bottom on the hatch.
I tried the manual release

the door tries to open, sometimes it moves an inch and others it does nothing. If I manually help it lift it goes about 6-10 inches until it doesn't and I can't get it to go anymore.

also i have no hitch

·
Learner
4,822 Posts
Run a scan, see if any faults for electronics comes up.
Now to open the door, ie the manual release, i think the lights have to be removed, which is from the inside or could you get to the manual release from the inside.. will have to jog the memory

·
Registered
4 Posts
Run a scan, see if any faults for electronics comes up.
Now to open the door, ie the manual release, i think the lights have to be removed, which is from the inside or could you get to the manual release from the inside.. will have to jog the memory
Yeah I tried the manual release it didn't do anything. A buddy that worked for vw got back to me and told me to try unlocking the door without the fob. It worked right away so I have no clue what happened. Maybe some sensors are bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts