Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The button on the rear hatch of my car has broken. I have a new button on order. Does anyone have instructions or a diagram on how to replace the button which is located at the bottom right side of the hatch?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mine is a 2007 but should be the same. Mines been kinda finicky so I just took mine out to see if I can clean the contacts or something. Just take a small screwdriver and carefully pry on one edge. Once that side pops out work your way to the other side. The connector is one of the easy ones... Just push the tab at the top of the connector body.

In case I replace this switch, do you have a part number and how much do they run? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Part Cost and Number

Mine is a 2007 but should be the same. Mines been kinda finicky so I just took mine out to see if I can clean the contacts or something. Just take a small screwdriver and carefully pry on one edge. Once that side pops out work your way to the other side. The connector is one of the easy ones... Just push the tab at the top of the connector body.

In case I replace this switch, do you have a part number and how much do they run? Thanks[/QUOT

The cost of the switch is about $45. I will post the part number when the switch comes into my dealer for me. Thanks for the reply and photo!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Part number is 7L6 959 520 B 20H for my 2007. Hopefully that will save someone some money. It cost me $65 from the dealer but it looks like they're available online for $30.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts