Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Wizz,
I think now that you have replaced the springs and dampers you have introduced another problem, the Touareg now seems high in general and the front height needs to drop so to be in relationship with the rear.
In my view you need to correct the vehicle first and then go back and work on correcting the trailer as you set out to do in the beginning but now you have the new springs and dampers to factor in.

TonyB

Reactions: meggsy

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I know pictures can at times can deceive but it looks to me you need to drop the hitch height rather than raise it as you have.
Have you measured the actual hitch height and height of the trailer at the extreme rear?
I really don't understand what you mean by "It is still slightly nose down but the boat is no longer trying to lift the rear of the car", are you talking about boat or trailer as neither look nose down by your pic.

For reference, here is a pic of my glass 21' on my previous steel spung Touareg with OEM tongue inversely mounted.

TonyB

Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
How difficult is removing the strut from the suspension linkage, is it able to be done DIY, take it no alignment is required afterwards?
Hope that Titan gear is up to the task ahead....
Good work, perseverence and patience got you over the line!
TonyB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts