Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm just going to add my 2c here and ask if changing the car over to one with air suspension and stock tow bar might also be an option? A lot of time and expense to go to with new suspension, lift kits, etc etc. Is there something special about this car? Air suspension will fix your problems, and when you upgrade the toy hauler (as you suggest) you won't run into a whole new set of issues. You'll also gain the extra HP as air suspension usually accompanies the 180kw engines. Anyhow, at the very least I'd try a WDH as they will help, but I'm not certain they'll get rid of that much sag.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just adding my 2c here but perhaps it's not the car that's the problem, but rather the obsession with buying a van big enough to take all the comforts of home with you on a caravanning holiday? Most people I've observed carry far more crap along with them in the 'loads of storage' provided by big van's than they need or use.

Anyway, rant over. I've removed the rear seat from my car on this voyage. You'd be amazed how heavy that arrangement is, got to be around 40kgs at least. Not hard to do and easy enough to spoof the airbag warning. Might be a solution for some to get that rear wheel weight down a bit?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts