Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Touareg and I notice that at slow speeds (and usually after driving for a while), there is a rubbing noise coming from the rear of the car. It's quite loud at times and it sounds like something is rubbing on the rear disc brakes. I jacked up the car and turned the rear wheel a bit and could clearly hear the noise. It seems like the rear disc brake is rubbing against the backing plate behind it. I'm not sure if this is the only source of the noise or if there is something else going on. As sometimes the noise seems louder than just the brakes. Anyone have a similar experience?

Other than that, I love the car. I hope it's a simple problem to fix.

· Registered
8 Posts
Get your dealer to check the "rear handbrake shoes". I've just heard from my dealer that mine have "totally disintegrated" and that they are replacing them under warranty.

I must admit that this was something the garage found when my Treg was in for other work - not something I noticed myself.

However, sounds like it might be a possible cause of your noise.

Hope that helps

Matt

V6 Sport, Off-road Grey
www.mytouareg.co.uk

· Registered
113 Posts
I'm not sure if I may be experiencing the same problem, but my rear brakes squeak as if they were overly worn, very high pitched and not so much of a grinding. I am certain this is not right for only 650 miles.

· Registered
161 Posts
I too am experiencing rear brake noise, never really heard it B4 due to the sound system. I will get it looked at 2morrow and let you guys know. Going to get the TPMS replaced

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.