Club Touareg Forum banner

Real Transaction Prices?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Fourdiesel 
#1 ·
First post, glad to be a member.

After driving a T3 TDI over a year ago, I just can't get buying a Touareg out of my mind. Loved the torque, steering feel, interior and high end appeal without being flashy. Wanted to buy new, but the embargo answers that question
Looking at a 2015/16 TDI low miles mainly because of the recent updates. They're a few out there, but noticed that they are slow to move off the lots because of diesel gate I guess.
Got all the Black Book, KBB, NADA numbers and such. Are these numbers pretty accurate for real world transaction prices considering the scandal and the hit on VW's reputation?
Am I crazy even considering a TDI right now?
Thanks for welcoming me to your community.

#2 ·
You're not crazy. KBB, etc., is for reference. You should be able to get a great price. Just need to work for it and most important: don't let them know how much you want one.

I check cars.com almost daily for used 2016s. Good luck!

#4 ·
There is one 2016 TDI Exec with 11k on cars.com and it lists $56k. Went the dealers web site and you can get 'e pricing.' Of course, that dealer has $8k off 2016 gassers brand new.

I would say fair price for that ride is $48-51k given the fact there was $8k dealer cash in October and the nominal mileage.

Work it!

#5 ·
56k is well above what I paid for a new 2015 TDI exec in late October. Add a bit for being a 2016 MY, but subtract a chunk for used and another chunk for 11k miles and I think even the $48-$51 range is a touch rich, but if the demand is there, it is hard to argue.

#6 ·
Agree. If the 2016s ever go on sale again, they will be significantly discounted. Maybe $48k on a new Exec.

#8 ·
Eventually diesel-gate will fade away and be forgotten. The normal supply-demand forces will again decide the price. Right now demand is low because of caution by potential buyers. That may present an opportunity - especially if you really like the car and want to drive it "for keeps" so to speak.
If you can get one equipped like you want, at the price you decide is acceptable, with the extended factory warranty to reduce your cost exposure, and from a dealer highly rated for service and support (if there are any) then WELCOME!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.