Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Looking for some help please - my car has been off the road now for 4 weeks due to water ingress on the Passenger side carpet - right hand drive model. This was caused by the door sill filling up with water and soaking the carpet causing alarms on the MFD with my gear stick locked in Park. The car starts and runs fine. The RAC have been out twice but still cannot find the Manual Override to get the car moving again ?? I have lifted the carpet and dried it out but cannot find any water impregnated wiring or units to get the the Key lock symbol on the MFD away. Does anyone know if there are any cable joints or ECU's under the carpet and where they are to enable me to get moving again. Any VW mechanics in Perth, Australia able to assist as I am more than willing to pay for fixing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

TJ

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve - do you know when Steve H is back in Oz ?? I'm just along the road from you in Quinns Rocks !! Lol TJ

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Read this thread on how to get the gearbox out of PARK.

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f43/help-246994.html

Look along the sills under the doors and remove one of the rubber grommets to let any water out and stop the sill filling up again.

Read this thread to make sure your bulkhead drains are clear and take out the cabin air filter and check it is dry as that's where the water comes in if the drains are blocked. If it's not been renewed in recent memory, fit a new one whilst you're at it.

Water Ingress in Bulkhead/Footwell - Step By Step Guide - myTreg forums

Check your sunroof [if fitted] drains are running clear too.

Finally, check there is no water in the spare wheel well. Tailgate drains can block.

This is the thread on faulty/wet wiring splices causing all sorts of problems:

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f43/stuck-in-park-brake-fault-61788.html

·
Registered
682 Posts
Most insurance companies (in US) will total out a vehicle that has been flooded. Flooded = visible line of/or standing water on floorboard.

Water ingress mitigation:

Immediately disconnect battery (Ground cable) and remove personal electronics.
Pull rubber plugs to drain.
Extract moisture from inside vehicle. (heater?/AC/fans) for days...
Pull seat/carpet and see what computer been exposed. Replace.
Pull charge hose and assess if needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts