What type of performance chip did you use?Sorry for not following up on my progress how i went with rewinding. due to a number of basic mistakes I made during dismantling I have had to postpone the rebuild.
The show stopper was damaging the magnets which are set in between the north and south jaws of the rotor.
The magnets are very brittle and I damaged 3 of them which I cannot find replacements.
The replacement alternator for my Delphi unit was an Hitachi unit, and that process was not a quick plug and play I will list under my adventures under separate posts ,
"Substituting 2005 V10 Delphi to Hitachi alternator " the modifications that will need to be done to make this work.
" Common rail fuel "O" ring replacement installation and testing for leaks before completing total alternator installation.
After 2 failed O ring leaks which ment I had to dismantle twice back to alternator. The leaking fuel was only detected once full assemble and engine started.
The positives are that my mistakes will allow others to do it easier the other positive is that I am bloody fast now at replacing the alternator. I can do it in a 1/3 of my first time.
I will complete both postes by next Thursday. I will start on Monday.
V10 is going great, have added performance chip waiting to measure improvements. There is a difference.