Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Im new to my Touareg and this forum.
I have a 2003 3.2 petrol, I am thinking of having it re-mapped for £249.00 does anyone have any experience good or bad, does it ultimately make sense, ie better MPG?
Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hi
Im new to my Touareg and this forum.
I have a 2003 3.2 petrol, I am thinking of having it re-mapped for £249.00 does anyone have any experience good or bad, does it ultimately make sense, ie better MPG?
Thanks
Kevin
Don't waste your money very little to gain on a 3.2 petrol.

Regards
Drag

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Total waste of money. On that old banger you'll get, at best about 10-15 bhp, an increase which you simply won't notice and as for better mpg, just run it on the highest octane Shell V-Power [or BP Ultimate or the Esso version] which should give you 20 mpg average instead of 18.

Far better you get yourself a cold beer, sit down and take time to read the buying a used Touareg thread - the link is in my signature below.

You'll learn a lot, know what failures are coming your way, and probably save money too.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I have found that short of forced induction, there are very few upgrades to the VR6 or v8 FSI engine that are worth the $$$. In other VAG cars, the 2.0 Turbo motors take well to mods because they overboots the turbo. No such ability with the VR6 or V8 gasser. Shame, really, since I have one of each. :- /

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
FSJ Guy
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing