Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
I’ve been using Ravenol in both of our Touareg’s for approximately the last 30,000 miles. I use their oil change kits every 5000 miles and have changed out trans fluids, all differentials and transfer cases. About to re order oil change kits.
I’ve had no problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've been using the VMO 5w40 Ravenol for a couple of years now that I get from Blauparts, never had the used oil tested but I'm sure it's a good choice for my VW and Audi engines.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I use Ravenol too. I think all known brands of oils that have the correct spec for the intended application is very good.

Just did the OC8 filter and oil replacement last week. Ravenol ATF T-WS Lifetime

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi! does anyone use this oil brand? Is it a good brand from germany? Just wanted to know. I purchased off ebay.
Genuine Ravenol oils have dual scratch-off codes, which can be used to verify their authenticity. I suggest you do that before doing anything with the oil, especially if you've purchased it off eBay.

https://my.ravenol.com/en/check-your-code

·
Registered
495 Posts
Scratch-off codes

Genuine Ravenol oils have dual scratch-off codes, which can be used to verify their authenticity. I suggest you do that before doing anything with the oil, especially if you've purchased it off eBay.

https://my.ravenol.com/en/check-your-code
Thanks Gnits,

I also bought my oil through Fleabay, but came from a reputable German company. I did check the authenticity codes, as I never seen such a system before. Excellent how they do that. The cap / tube / neck is also of a substantial design. Impressive! All oil manufactures should follow their example

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ravenol is genuine, group IV German full synthetic motor oil, not the cheaper, more volatile Group III based hydrocracked petroleum based stuff, like Shell or Castrol normally sell. I run their DSG gear oil in my Passat. It's the good stuff. Real full synthetic, the motor oil.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Sorry but the ravenol dsg oil is not full synthetic. That's what held me from using in my dsg. I chose to stay oem on this one. I bought 20L for the aisin box though to do a full flush of the Treg transmission.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sorry but the ravenol dsg oil is not full synthetic. That's what held me from using in my dsg. I chose to stay oem on this one. I bought 20L for the aisin box though to do a full flush of the Treg transmission.

Reread my post... I stated the MOTOR oil is full synthetic.

Not the DSG oil. The DSG oil is still very good. I don't pay VW markup prices for repackaged fluids, ever. Sorry, the "It" refers to the motor oil, not the DSG oil. I may have been a little bit unclear in that.

https://www.ravenol.de/en/products/usage/d/Product/show/p/ravenol-dctdsg-getriebe-fluid.html

Says that it is synthetic, but it is hydrocracked, which is group III. I would think group 4 motor oil might be a little bit difficult on the dual clutches in that gearbox.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Sorry my bad ! I thought you chose to use dsg oil based on the same specs as the engine oil. The dsg is hydrocracked.
How many miles on the dsg oil if I may ask?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hello everyone..

On the subject of transmission fluids, my mechanic says that since Lexus use the same Aisin transmissions that VW uses, then it would be safe to use Lexus SM trans. fluid, and probably cheaper even. Any thoughts about this?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Aisin 09D requires ATF Type IV. This oil is used by many car brands. Spec is JWS-3309.

·
Registered
614 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts