Club Touareg Forum banner

Rausch Creek Off Road Park PA

7K views 23 replies 5 participants last post by  schubie 
#1 ·
Schubie and any other east coast Treg owners, would there be any interest in getting together and going up to this place to play with our vehicals? They have over 3000 acres and trails range from easy to extreme. I joined the forum off their site and saw a post where they just recently had a person show up in a Cayenne. They were all pretty amazed at how well it did. I started to watch videos of it in one trail and relized it was a new Cayenne!!! Not sure if the Cayennes are coming through with low range or if they lost that as well as the Touaregs. It had a Pano roof and was definitely the newer body style. Web site is www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.com if you want to check it out. I would have to do it on a weekend off since I have no time to take off. I don't know how much time we have before there is going to be snow there to make it not safe. Apparently they are open all year round.

#2 ·
Yeti, I've been meaning to give this place a tryout. So yeah, I think you can count me in depending on timing. Probably need to make it a Sat. when I'm not tied up. And hopefully not in mud season behind a heavily modded rig w/ 44" tires. :rolleyes:

#4 ·
Awesome! But if I know Anand and Ben, they'll chew a leg off to go. ;)

#6 ·
Alright, now we're getting somewhere... :cool:

#8 ·
I just PM'ed him too. ;)

#9 ·
Unfortunately for me it will have to be over a weekend since starting a new job I have no time to take off. I was watching a few videos the other day. They have some water holes we really need to avoid. Some of them are on easier trails too.

#20 ·
I'll probably only be able to make this on a weekend as well.

Saw the water holes on YouTube, including one with the Jeep floater. #-o

And with my Mud vs. Treg debacle earlier this year, you won't find me riding point on any muddy water crossings... :rolleyes:

#16 ·
*ahem* Schubie...

I work every third weekend starting with this one. As long as it isn't one of those I'm in.

#13 ·
I am not finding out I can tell you that. I really have no interest in mud bogging my Treg. More for me about getting through challenging terrain. I will certainly watch anyone that wants to do this there though. :)

#15 · (Edited)
dtrax said:
I'm going to bump/join this thread just so I can receive updates, tho with steel suspension, 19 inchers, and a cross-country trip next month, I won't be taking part anytime soon.
I for sure don't recommend doin it with 19's unless you go the route that another member had done here and get different tires. Plus I am thinking that anyone that may do this will be required to have a full size spare. That may turn some off, but necessary imo.
Don't be put off because you have no air. My first two Rallys were in my 04 with steel and I was fine. Just need to watch your lines more carefully. We will spot you through stuff.

#18 ·
Yeti,

Chris, ben and i are all about having one truck that really isn't setup for the terrain with us... COUGHbenCOUGH

Although, I really wish I would have continued up that snowmobile hill, then I could have tried it again while pulling Ben up :) :) :)

I agree though, 19s are a no-go; unless maybe you're on 255/55 ATR's or the illusive Wrangler MT/R's; and full size spare and basic supplies/recovery gear are necessary IMO

#19 ·
With these Nittos I'm more than ready this time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.