Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did my summer tire changeover last night and noticed the rear brake shields are quite rattly. No stones in there, but they rattle with only a light rap. It was getting dark so I didn't have time to investigate further. They did not look bent, nor were they resting against the rotor at all.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It just sounds like the shield is rattling against something metallic. As I said, it was getting dark so I couldn't really get in there to investigate further.

I don't recall hearing the rattling while driving though. So, there's that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It just sounds like the shield is rattling against something metallic. As I said, it was getting dark so I couldn't really get in there to investigate further. I don't recall hearing the rattling while driving though. So, there's that.
That's weird that it wouldn't do it driving mine does it while driving it is a metallic pinging sound coming from somewhere under the car i can't find out where it is coming from it only happens when I come to a complete stop and when I lightly get on the gas to go the metallic long last a second and the. Disappears but it is very annoying. Any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts