Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear seats are kept folded down about 99% of the time. Yesterday I wanted to haul folks, so I tried to raise them. The small (left hand) seat went up with no problem. However, I couldn't get the larger (right hand) seat up - the seat belt (for the middle passenger) wouldn't release and give enough slack to get the seat up. The inertia reel locks up immediately as I start to raise the seat, and there is only enough slack to get it about 1/3 of the way up. Any thoughts, other than cutting the belt (which I really don't mind doing - I have never had five people in the T)?

If it makes a difference, it is a 2005, V-8 with lift suspension.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ron

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
This is a well documented issue. The little stopper on the center belt is either not fitted correctly, or it went missing, causing the belt to retract too far and locking when dropping the seat down.

No need to cut the belt. Get the right torx bit and undo the screw on the floor which anchors the belt. Once you've got the seat back up, the reel will release again. Then you need to investigate why the stopper isn't doing it's job.

Scroll down for similar threads.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts