Club Touareg Forum banner

Radio

Tags
radio
2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Yeti 
#1 ·
Will an 04 radio work in an 05 treg? no navi, just the 6disc radio.

#3 ·
the indash six disc cd changer.....let me give you some background....my treg came with a kenwood, that has a really bad reception apparently all after market radios do, i disconnected the kenwood and plugged it back in and had not power....so i just decided to look for oem....ebay has them listed as a 6disc cd changer....it has 6 buttons on both sides as to shuffle through cd's....is that not the case? is it just a one cd radio?

#4 ·
There were no indash OEM cd changers I am aware of. Just a single disk with the option to put a 6 disk changer in the rear with control from the OEM HU to run that. So no idea what they are trying to sell on Ebay, but doubt seriously it is OEM. I have buttons on either side of mine, but only excepts one disk. You must be looking at something being passed off as OEM. Beware of that stuff on Ebay.

#5 ·
#10 ·
That maybe true, but it won't be a direct fit in the Touareg. The RNS 510 was different from the Jetta/Passat to the Touareg. The whole front of it was designed different. Touareg is a rectangle where as the others had angled sides and would not fit directly in the Treg.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.