Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Just purchased a 2011 Lux. Over all I am very please with it. But the radio seems to have limited volume. Now before everyone flames me, I have searched the site and fully aware of the issues on this system. My question is, does anyone else notice the volume stops to increase when the volume slide is about half way? In the picture, you can see what I mean. At preset 5, the volume doesn't get any louder, but the slider continues to go up as I turn the knob right.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,336 Posts
Hello everyone. Just purchased a 2011 Lux. Over all I am very please with it. But the radio seems to have limited volume. Now before everyone flames me, I have searched the site and fully aware of the issues on this system. My question is, does anyone else notice the volume stops to increase when the volume slide is about half way? In the picture, you can see what I mean. At preset 5, the volume doesn't get any louder, but the slider continues to go up as I turn the knob right.
Read your owners manual. There is something in there about adjusting the maximum volume settings at different ranges in the programing of the infotainment center, similar to on an Apple Ipod, to protect ones hearing.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The stock amp is weak sauce. Even if you adjust the maximum, beyond a little more than halfway you'll find you're mainly just increasing noise while the volume remains fairly constant. If you want loudness and clarity, look to one of the many audio system modification threads. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys. I'll look a little deeper into this. My plans are to upgrade the amp and adding a sub in the back for a bit more bass while keeping the stock head unit

·
Registered
51 Posts
Read your owners manual. There is something in there about adjusting the maximum volume settings at different ranges in the programing of the infotainment center, similar to on an Apple Ipod, to protect ones hearing.
Hey Niner, I could not find this anywhere in the manual.. Can you help at all? I have a 2013 TDI.. I read somewhere that it might be a VAG setting.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Hey Joe, you've got to do the VAG sound profile change. Easiest thing on the planet and takes maybe 2 minutes at most. I've had cars with amazing sound in the past, up to a $5k system, needless to say I was soooo pissed when I bought my '15 TDI Lux and the sound was just absolute horses**t! Your vw dealer as well as mom & pop shops will have a VCDS, just go by and ask them to plug in and make the quick fix:

Using VCDS :

Module 56 (Radio)
Long Coding (7 in VCDS)
Change Byte 4 (which is actually the 5th Byte because the first byte is byte 0). Change that byte from 01 to 00.

I changed from : 02 00 07 02 01 00 00 00 01
To : 02 00 07 02 00 00 00 00 01

Seriously you will not be disappointed, just did it today a few hours ago and don't want to leave my car!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
SneillMcGowan
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing