Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My 1st post! I was driving my '05 V6 Touareg recently & notice that my radio, w/o nav, started to display/ID the names of the stations & song titles @ the bottom of the radio display! It never had done this before!! I was pretty excited! Then a week or so later, the display disappeared! I don't know how or why the display/ID come on out of nowhere & then vanish out of nowhere. Would anyone know how to turn such a display on or off? Thanks Ricoresch

·
Super Moderator
9,662 Posts
It depends on the radio station you are listening to as to whether or not you get that info. The radios are capable of doing it, but really depends on the stations in your area. If you ask the dealer about it the feature really was not supported and they will have no idea how to get it back if you in fact lost it. There is a fuse pull trick that gets it back if it disappears, but I can't remember at the moment what it is. Mine has been working since day one, but only on a couple of stations in the area I live in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Yeti for such a quick reply! Almost all of the Radio Staions n the Pittsburgh Area have display. It is just so weird that all of a sudden it work 1st time since I owned the car & then disappered just as quickly! WTF?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Artist/Station ID

It depends on the radio station you are listening to as to whether or not you get that info. The radios are capable of doing it, but really depends on the stations in your area. If you ask the dealer about it the feature really was not supported and they will have no idea how to get it back if you in fact lost it. There is a fuse pull trick that gets it back if it disappears, but I can't remember at the moment what it is. Mine has been working since day one, but only on a couple of stations in the area I live in.
Yeti,

I was wondering if you ever figured out the fuse pull trick for this?

Jon

·
Super Moderator
9,662 Posts
sundi14 said:
Yeti,

I was wondering if you ever figured out the fuse pull trick for this?

Jon
There was never a need for me to figure it out since the radio in my 04 always displayed the station and song info. RNS 510 was made to do it and that is what I currently have in my 10.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've had the same thing happen to me here in Oz. For 12 months, radio stations only displayed the frequency then one day they displayed their name. About 1-2 weeks later, back to displaying frequency only. I have a basic, non satnav unit but my manual is missing the section for the radio/cd so i didnt know if it was something that was easily fixed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts