Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My T-Reg had the instrument cluster replaced, and the stereo is in SAFE mode. I have the 4 digit code but my owners manual contains a navigation insert (which I don't have) instead of the factory stereo insert, so I don't have directions on how to enter in the code.

Once I enter the 4 digit code, it just sits there, so obviously you have to press something else. Can anyone who has done this tell me, or be a huge friend and look at your owners manual and tell me what it says (I'm travelling and can't wait until Monday to get that info from Dealer or VWoA.)

·
Registered
866 Posts
After you have entered the 4 digit code, press and hold the "up" seek/scan button for more than 2 seconds. (It's the up arrow button, just to the left of the tuning knob.)

You should hear a tone from the radio, and see "LSM" appear in the display.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Spockcat! - It get worse! Not only was the radio not programmed, they gave my car back with no gas (literally - it registered 0 miles!) And they have driven it to the body shop back and forth!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.