Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I was just sitting here wondering what the major differences between the Euro R50 and the American V6. From looking at pictures I can tell there appears to be a different body kit is this true? I was also wondering what performance and engine/suspension differences there is. Thanks so much for your answer to my question I tried the search function but couldn't find a comparison. You all rock!!!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Is this a real question?

The R50 is a twin turbo V10 diesel powered Touareg with an insane torque rating. The V6 is a gas powered wienie compared to the V10TDI.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is this a real question?

The R50 is a twin turbo V10 diesel powered Touareg with an insane torque rating. The V6 is a gas powered wienie compared to the V10TDI.
Lol boy do I feel like an idiot! My buddy told me the r50 was basically a sport model like the r32 and had a v6. Sorry for the stupid question. Mods, feel free to delete the thread if you like

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is this a real question?

Nice comparison to start with .....

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Registered
276 Posts
This - was the funniest thing i've heard all week!

Some quotes from the "THE MOTOR REPORT" on the R50

"Big, badass and beautiful"
"time to trample Tasmania, or tow it further out to sea"
"big daddy of diesels"
"bona fide nuclear bloody reactor"
"You’ll be thinking then that all that weight slung between the wheels will mean blunt performance, the thirst of a camel and the handling of a drunken sailor; but you’d be dead wrong"
"technological tour-de-force"

Heck just read the whole thing, it's a great article

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/12235/2009-volkswagen-touareg-r50-road-test-review/

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Lol boy do I feel like an idiot! My buddy told me the r50 was basically a sport model like the r32 and had a v6. Sorry for the stupid question. Mods, feel free to delete the thread if you like

Don't feel stupid ---- it was just a question, but one that kind of took me by surprise.

It ultimately is better to ask the question and get the correct answer rather than listening to your buddy who sounds a bit clueless in this area.

·
Registered
756 Posts
This - was the funniest thing i've heard all week!

Some quotes from the "THE MOTOR REPORT" on the R50

"Big, badass and beautiful"
"time to trample Tasmania, or tow it further out to sea"
"big daddy of diesels"
"bona fide nuclear bloody reactor"
"You’ll be thinking then that all that weight slung between the wheels will mean blunt performance, the thirst of a camel and the handling of a drunken sailor; but you’d be dead wrong"
"technological tour-de-force"

Heck just read the whole thing, it's a great article

2009 Volkswagen Touareg R50 Review
good article

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Pity you can't get it with smaller wheels and some decent rubber and without the body kit.

I'd love to drive it off-road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts