Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good day...
You and most R5 drivers in South Africa ;)

Here they are scares, but pop up now and then.
A friend of mine found one for me by accident.
I would contact scrap yards, gumtree and independent workshops that work on touaregs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that's what I am finding, I have tracked one wheel down in the UK (where I brought it originally - have now imported to Oz) but need wheels a bit closer, hopefully. I have spent a fair bit of time looking around for them ontinternet but nothing so far. Seen plenty of 5x130's

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Jip. Took me ages to find one. I went one size bigger on the rubber to 265/65 R17 so the biscuit could no longer be used.

I luckily found a canyon 5x120 rim (same as my factory rims) and I Now keep it on the roof rack. (It takes too much space in the boot)

I am proud of my attachment method - it doesn't move but as an added safety I have used a ratchet strap as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, that's what I have done, gone for 265x65's. Will cross the on top/Back/Inside bridge when I get there in terms of carting the spare about. Yep the biscuit is a lame excuse for a spare. Also installed Seikel suspension which is the dogs!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have two 17 inch rims and tyres spare if they fit??? they fit my 2009 treg and have 255/60/17 tyres onboard with 20% tread left.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
I have two 17 inch rims and tyres spare if they fit??? they fit my 2009 treg and have 255/60/17 tyres onboard with 20% tread left.
If they are from your V6 then they are the wrong PCD 130 mm , these guys need 120 mm

Reactions: Magicbola

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a new wheel and tyre from my 2006 T1 R5 and am in Adelaide.PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
R5 rims are canyons

17"
ET55
5x120 PCD
7.5J

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
as long as the offset and rim width is close. Else you mess up the suspension geometry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts