Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have an R5, 2008, engine code BPE and service interval code, and the VW dealer of my country has been using 504/507 Mobil 1 5w30 Oil.
As i have been reading that oil is only for DPF equiped vehicles and i think mine doesn't have it.
How can i check if mine has or no DPF?

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Hello,
I have an R5, 2008, engine code BPE and service interval code, and the VW dealer of my country has been using 504/507 Mobil 1 5w30 Oil.
As i have been reading that oil is only for DPF equiped vehicles and i think mine doesn't have it.

you have a DPF filter.

Regards
Drag

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Hello,
Regardless your vehicle equipped with DPF or not, 507.00 is correct type of oil for BPE engine.
How to identify if the filter is there or not? Check the sticker (inside the "board book" or baggage compartment) for 7GG, 7MB, 7MG 7GA codes. Mine has no DPF and the first sign - exhaust tips inner surfaces are black because of soot.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From i have read, my BPE because is an unit manufactured for Latin America doesn't have DPF.
So considering all this, is still recommended the 507.00 OIL for this R5 engine?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts