Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

We have finally sold our 5th wheeler so the excitement of searching for a suitable Touareg has begun.
Still need to sell or trade the Silverado.
My intention was to test drive a R-Line and take it over a weigh bridge to check the actual weight as I have read varying reports on what VW do and do not include in their stated kerb weight.
The problem is there are only 2 R Lines for sale in Qld, one is over 500km away and the other is 2 hours away on the Gold Coast as a private sale and I don't want to waste the sellers time for this exercise.
I am interested in a 2015 to 2018 model R Line.

Has anyone on here weighed their R Line if so can you quote the actual weight and advise what year it is, does it have the sunroof and how much fuel was in the tank and any other extra items and their weight so I can calculate what it would weigh with a full tank and nothing else. If you have the front and rear axle weights as well that would be great. Also interested in knowing the distance from the centre of the rear axle to the tip of the towball so I can calculate the effects of towball weight on the rear axles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Kym

·
Super Moderator
1,620 Posts
I have all you require. 2015 MY16 R Line

give me an hour or so..... I'll have what you're looking for

·
Super Moderator
1,620 Posts
I had our R Line weighed a couple of weeks ago.

We have the sunroof and towbar. In regard to the towbar/towball measurement you want, I can't provide that until tomorrow, Sorry.

When ours was weighed I believe I had close to a full tank of diesel, and no passengers. No cargo or other ancillary items onboard.

Left Front
620​
Right Front
664​
Left Rear
552​
Right Rear
522​
ACTUAL
2358​

(kg)Limits
Touareg V8 TDI
GCM
6460​
GVM
2920​
Ball Max
280​

Hope this helps

Steve

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent thanks Steve
Exactly what I was after.
Interesting the uneven weight distribution accross the wheels.
Only 61kg more than the listed kerb weight with a sunroof and towbar added and full fuel.
With 486kg rear axle weight remaining will be interesting to see how much is left when 280 is added to the towball.
One of my concerns was the 100kg the sunroof added but looks like it may not be a problem, probably prefer no sunroof but I haven't seen a R Line without one.

·
Super Moderator
1,620 Posts
There are some R lines that don't have them (first owners not prepared to stump up the extra $$$ maybe). I didn't mind either way, but my wife was against having one.

It was actually quite warm in Perth yesterday, and I never heard her grizzle about the sunroof when I opened it :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
It was actually quite warm in Perth yesterday, and I never heard her grizzle about the sunroof when I opened it :D
We had a MX5 before the Silverado didn't get to drive it much as the wife was always out in it, best handling car I have ever driven. Silverado has a sunroof but I had roof racks to carry our bikes which created a lot of wind noise. Wife always complained she needed to put a hat on each time it was opened so she too is against one but has conceded that we may not have a choice. I would use a sunroof if it had one but probably prefer not to have one so I gain the extra payload capacity and don't have to worry about drains blocking up, if we end up full time on the road again there are times when it will be parked under trees dropping seeds etc continuously.

Did you manage to get the measurement form the centre of the axles to the towball ?

·
Super Moderator
1,620 Posts
yep,
Using a standard towball hitch, it's 1250mm from centre of rear wheel, to centre of the towball.

·
Learner
4,733 Posts
Have sunroof and towbar, had it weighed a while ago and it was about 2350 from what I recall
Don’t remember exactly how much fuel it had but i hardly let it go below half

·
Learner
4,733 Posts
Btw if you’re after 2015 v8 rline with pano roof factory tow bar etc etc with only 30k on the clock and still smells new then I could be selling
Steve just enticed me into the 2020 v8 that is coming out :))

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Singh
Yes definitely interested but still have the Silverado at the moment. Goes on carsales this week.
When you have decided you're definitely selling send me the details.
Regards
Kym

·
Learner
4,733 Posts
Hi Singh
Yes definitely interested but still have the Silverado at the moment. Goes on carsales this week.
When you have decided you're definitely selling send me the details.
Regards
Kym
Take your time Kym.
I am trying to get an estimate on when exactly the v8 will arrive, wouldnt mind being the first to take delivery :)
310kw .... nice

·
Learner
4,733 Posts
I can offer you a V8 with 310Kw and 1200Nm but it doesn't have a VW badge :)
If it hits 100 in 4.9 secs and purrs along sipping mid sixes for every 100 that pass by :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is an R line for sale at Bathurst VW in NSW. Managing Director's car - white with 8,000km on it. Wants about $89k. Looked at it in passing 3 days ago if you are still interested.
Regards, Glen (Weedie)

·
Learner
4,733 Posts
There is an R line for sale at Bathurst VW in NSW. Managing Director's car - white with 8,000km on it. Wants about $89k. Looked at it in passing 3 days ago if you are still interested.
Regards, Glen (Weedie)
Personally I would never buy a demonstrator, just about everyone at the dealership and of course would be customers drive it uncaringly to say the least

·
Registered
206 Posts
Personally I would never buy a demonstrator, just about everyone at the dealership and of course would be customers drive it uncaringly to say the least
I bought a demo XR8 falcon in 2000 and it was absolutely bullet proof. The motor did not use an ounce of oil and it was a very strong 200kw motor and kept up with the 220kw version that came in about 12 months after I bought mine. Sometimes motors need to be driven in varying conditions and sometimes hard, rather than just puttering about all the time because you're too scared to rev it a little. My dad just purchased a demo Audi SQ7 and the 320kw/900nm is noticeable over my 250kw/800nm's. Those things are rockets and the sound is absolutely beautiful. Sounds very Merc AMG petrol V8'ish, but I think some of it might be false sound, but doesn't matter, they are a weapon of a car and the VW version will pretty much be identical. Dad saved a huge amount buying the demo, but the motor will be strong in it. That I would be confident in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi

We have finally sold our 5th wheeler so the excitement of searching for a suitable Touareg has begun.
Still need to sell or trade the Silverado.
My intention was to test drive a R-Line and take it over a weigh bridge to check the actual weight as I have read varying reports on what VW do and do not include in their stated kerb weight.
The problem is there are only 2 R Lines for sale in Qld, one is over 500km away and the other is 2 hours away on the Gold Coast as a private sale and I don't want to waste the sellers time for this exercise.
I am interested in a 2015 to 2018 model R Line.

Has anyone on here weighed their R Line if so can you quote the actual weight and advise what year it is, does it have the sunroof and how much fuel was in the tank and any other extra items and their weight so I can calculate what it would weigh with a full tank and nothing else. If you have the front and rear axle weights as well that would be great. Also interested in knowing the distance from the centre of the rear axle to the tip of the towball so I can calculate the effects of towball weight on the rear axles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Kym
Kym

Our 2018 R-Line with sunroof. Weight at GoWeigh - BP Wallan VIC a month ago. Half tank of fuel = approx 50kgs + with full size spare (Audi Q7 rim - 275/45 x 20) = 35kgs + 70kgs of other gear. Front axle = 1.34t Rear Axle = 1.24t total weight = 2.58t.

Regards

Markus

1 - 18 of 18 Posts