Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

New to the forum, but look forward to lots of discussions :)

I picked up a new V6 180kw Toureg last week and have a couple of questions about what can be tweaked. Loving the car overall but I've noticed a few things over the last week that I'd like to add or change. The main one is that I assumed adaptive cruise control would be standard so didnt get the driver assist option. Does anyone know whether Touaregs are the same as Jeep in that all of the tech is in the car but needs to be "enabled" with the on board computer? so.. is this something I can do with an *ahem* acquired code? :wink2:

The one bad thing I have to say about the car is that the accelerator is quite numb and even in sports mode has terrible feel. I noticed it during the test drive but I didnt think too much of it at the time. You need to press the pedal about half way before it actually starts moving. I'm assunming it's a drive by wire system so there should be some way to tune the sensitivity. Any ideas or advice?

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
VW doesn't pre wire any options, if you didn't buy them, you're out of luck.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Do a gearbox reset:

Turn the ignition on but do NOT start the car.

Press the accelerator pedal firmly to the floor and hold it there for 10 second.

Release the pedal, turn the ignition off and remove the car.

The gearbox will learn how YOU drive the car so, when there's 1,000 miles on the clock, repeat the exercise, then thrash the living daylights out of your car.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, thanks for the suggestions. I'll do a gearbox reset and see how that goes first.

I've seen a few of those throttle control units now and like the sound of it more every day. Would be good to see wether they live up to the claims.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Happy to say the gearbox reset seemed to do the trick. The car has much better response in sports shift mode, and is actually useable in standard drive modes. Very happy!

Now to find some nice black rims and a front lip spoiler :D

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I didn't quite finish my sentence - "remove the car from the key"!! LOL!!

Glad it seems better.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Hi Guys

New to the forum, but look forward to lots of discussions :)

I picked up a new V6 180kw Toureg last week and have a couple of questions about what can be tweaked. Loving the car overall but I've noticed a few things over the last week that I'd like to add or change. The main one is that I assumed adaptive cruise control would be standard so didnt get the driver assist option. Does anyone know whether Touaregs are the same as Jeep in that all of the tech is in the car but needs to be "enabled" with the on board computer? so.. is this something I can do with an *ahem* acquired code? :wink2:

The one bad thing I have to say about the car is that the accelerator is quite numb and even in sports mode has terrible feel. I noticed it during the test drive but I didnt think too much of it at the time. You need to press the pedal about half way before it actually starts moving. I'm assunming it's a drive by wire system so there should be some way to tune the sensitivity. Any ideas or advice?
Adaptive Cruise (as part of the Driver Tech package) in a Touareg requires (at minimum) the forward-facing camera in the base of the rearview mirror, two radar transmitter/receivers below the front bumper, and a special cruise control stalk on the steering column. Probably a separate module too. None of that stuff is present if the car wasn't built with ACC etc. at the factory.

I've owned a lot of Touaregs and never noticed that issue with the accelerator. No clue on that one. But if you literally have to press the pedal far down to get rolling, something isn't right. It should react to any small touch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Adaptive Cruise (as part of the Driver Tech package) in a Touareg requires (at minimum) the forward-facing camera in the base of the rearview mirror, two radar transmitter/receivers below the front bumper, and a special cruise control stalk on the steering column. Probably a separate module too. None of that stuff is present if the car wasn't built with ACC etc. at the factory.

I've owned a lot of Touaregs and never noticed that issue with the accelerator. No clue on that one. But if you literally have to press the pedal far down to get rolling, something isn't right. It should react to any small touch.
I was hoping that the options were all prewired and enabled/disabled as required. A few other brands do this with their higher end variants but I wasnt sure if VW was the same.

Luckily the accelerator issue was actually the gearbox in sloth mode. Resetting it made a huge difference, and was noticeable right from the time I was reversing out of the garage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts