Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a quick question. I have an 08 Treg and I was changing the cabin air filter. Stupid me, I forgot to look at the airflow arrow on the old filter before I took it out.

When putting in the new cabin air filter, which way should the arrow be pointing? Towards the driver side or towards the passenger side?

Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
9,715 Posts
Drivers side.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drivers side.
Thanks Yeti,

I realized after the fact that it came with instructions that included the Touareg. They were just stuck to the inside of the box and I was rushing to get it in before the wife and I left went out for dinner, and I didn't even realize.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Hey guys, I have a quick question. I have an 08 Treg and I was changing the cabin air filter. Stupid me, I forgot to look at the airflow arrow on the old filter before I took it out.

When putting in the new cabin air filter, which way should the arrow be pointing? Towards the driver side or towards the passenger side?

Thanks guys!
Were you the guy with the smell car?

If so get yourself an air conditioning "bomb" to kill off any stinky bacteria in the system. They are about 15 bucks from any good car parts store

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
arrow travels in direction of airflow travel

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I have an interesting smell. What is this "bomb" you speak of?!

·
Registered
2013 VW Touareg TDI Sport w/tech
944 Posts
I have an interesting smell. What is this "bomb" you speak of?!
Can of Lysol works great. Take the cabin filter out and spray inside liberally, let it sit. Then turn the system on, spray some more. You may choke a bit while doing this (do it outdoors). After using half a can, reassemble. The Lysol should kill odor causing bacteria.

Dealerships use this stuff if you have funky smelling AC ducts. But they don't call it Lysol. But that's what it is. But a dealership will charge a lot more.

Make sure the air pathway from outside to inside is not full of leaves, molds, pine needles and dirt. That's where the funk starts.

I have had to do this to previous vehicles (especially if parked outside under trees year round). Last dozen years I have had a garage, and have not needed to do it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Were you the guy with the smell car? If so get yourself an air conditioning "bomb" to kill off any stinky bacteria in the system. They are about 15 bucks from any good car parts store
Haha no, no smell car here. I just bought the car used and shipped it half way across the country, so it was REALLY dusty. Upon turning on the AC I practically got a mouth full of dust, so I decided to change the filter. Turns out, it looked like the filter hadn't been changed for YEARS. It was so faded, I couldn't even read the airflow arrow. But at least there were no weird odors.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey ColumbusTouareg,

I don't know if you remember me from nearly 2 years ago. I was hoping you were going to sell your Touareg so I could buy your gray v8 with air and teak interior off of you. Well I finally found one of my own :D

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I could be totally wrong, since I don't have an 09, but I think they're all the same. It's under the glovebox.

I bought his activated charcoal filter from amazon
Mann-Filter CUK 2842 Cabin Filter With Activated Charcoal for select Audi/ Porsche/ Volkswagen models https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00252G8PC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_IAIlxb7018WFV

And I used this Youtube video to help get a visual on how it's done. (In the video they perform it on a Q7 but it is exactly the same, I just did it for the first time 2 days ago.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts