Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, we are in the US. My daughter has a 2008 Touareg and she wants to upgrade the radio. She has been using a bluetooth adapter to play music off of her iphone and it sounds pretty bad. Her car has the standard radio without navigation and I'm unclear if it is the 11 or 14 speaker variant. We are not interested in upgrading to a RNS unit. The two units she is looking at are a Kenwood DMX4707S and Pioneer DMH-1500NEX. Her budget is fairly tight. She wants a head unit with Apple CarPlay and she does not care about CDs.

My questions:
  • Do I have to get a wiring interface to make the radio operate properly if she does not care about controlling the head unit from her steering wheel controls? If I use just a regular wire harness will the radio operate properly (including powering down when car is off)?
  • It is unclear to me weather this car has an amp in addition to head unit. Is there any way I can determine this? If there is an amp I would suspect that I would need the wiring interface to incorporate this, correct?
My thinking is that I will need the following in addition to the head unit: radio dash kit, wire harness/wiring interface, antenna adapter, and radio removal tools. Is this correct?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, we are in the US. My daughter has a 2008 Touareg and she wants to upgrade the radio. She has been using a bluetooth adapter to play music off of her iphone and it sounds pretty bad. Her car has the standard radio without navigation and I'm unclear if it is the 11 or 14 speaker variant. We are not interested in upgrading to a RNS unit. The two units she is looking at are a Kenwood DMX4707S and Pioneer DMH-1500NEX. Her budget is fairly tight. She wants a head unit with Apple CarPlay and she does not care about CDs.

My questions:
  • Do I have to get a wiring interface to make the radio operate properly if she does not care about controlling the head unit from her steering wheel controls? If I use just a regular wire harness will the radio operate properly (including powering down when car is off)?
  • It is unclear to me weather this car has an amp in addition to head unit. Is there any way I can determine this? If there is an amp I would suspect that I would need the wiring interface to incorporate this, correct?
My thinking is that I will need the following in addition to the head unit: radio dash kit, wire harness/wiring interface, antenna adapter, and radio removal tools. Is this correct?

Thanks for your help!
The best unit I have ever seen for integration and good asthetics that is full featured (CarPlay, Android Auto, DVD Video, etc) is the Dynavin N7-VT7 Pro. They have a subisidiary here in the USA in Fresno, CA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts